Raw mango pieces – 2 cups
Ginger pieces – 1 cup
Grated jaggery – 3 cups
Red chilli powder – 3/4 cup
Oil – 1 1/2 tbsp
Salt to taste
TALIMPU [ optional ]
Oil – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds = 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – few
- Peel mangoes and cut into cubes. Keep it aside.
- Wash and clean the ginger. Cut the ginger into pieces and keep it aside.
- Grate the jaggery and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan . Fry chopped ginger for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame and cool it.
- Take a grinder jar and add mango pieces, grated jaggery, salt and fried ginger.
- Grind it to a paste. Then add red chilli powder and grind for one more time. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Check out salt . For talimpu, heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- Let them splutter and add all the remaning ingredients and fry for a few seconds and pour it over the grinded pachadi.
- Mix well. Can be served with vada, idli, dosa, pesarattu. You can serve pachadi without the talimpu also.
* This recipe was given to me by my sister valli.