SAMBAR PODI TYPE 2
Chana Dal -: 1 Cup
Coriander Seeds -: 1 Cup
Urad Dal -: 1/3 Cup
Fenugreek Seeds -: 1/4 Cup
Black Pepper Corns -: 1/4 Cup
Asafoetida -: 1/2 tbsp
Curry Leaves -: 1/2 Cup
Broken Red Chillies -: 1 1/2 Cup
Turmeric Powder -: 1/2 tsp
- Heat a pan and add bengal gram. Now fry for a minute on low flame.
- Then add coriander seeds, urad dal, fenugreek seeds and black pepper corns. Fry on low flame for two to three minutes.
- While roasting, add broken red Chillies and curry leaves. Fry for one to two minutes till the curry leaves turn crispy.
- Lastly add asafoetida and turmeric powder and fry for about 30sec.
- Switch off the flame.
- Now let all the roasted spices cool down to room temperature.
- Add all the spices in your grinder jar and make it a fine powder.
- Now, let the powder cool down. Once the powder cools down spoon it carefully into a jar.
- Now your sambar powder is ready and can be used in making sambar.