Grated Coconut – 1 cup
Grated raw mango – 1/2cup
Finely chopped tindora(Dondakaya) – 1/3 cup
Garlic Pods without skin – 6
Cumin seeds – 1/2
Leaves – 1 spring
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder – 2tbsp
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1tbsp
Oil – 1 1/2 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad dal 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Garlic pods(mashed) – 4
Broken red chillie pieces — 8
Curry leaves – 1 Spring
Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin and mustard seeds. When they start spluttering, add rest of the ingredients one by one.
- Transfer the grounded paste to a bowl and add salt, red chilli powder, tindoora pieces and mix well. Adjust seasoning according to the taste.
- Mash into a coarse paste. Make sure you don’t mash it to a fine paste.
- Then mash coriander leaves and grated raw mango to a coarse paste for a minute. Also add grated coconut.
- Mash 1/2tsp of cumin, garlic and curry leaves to a coarse paste in a mortar and pestle.
- Fry for half a minute. Switch off the flame. Add it to the coconut mixture and mix well.
Serve with hot rice and ghee.