Basmathi rice – 1 cup
Ghee – 1 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1/2 tsp
Cloves – 10
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Bay leaves -2
Star anise ( anasa puvvu) -1
Mace ( Javithri) – 1 blade
Green chilles – 4 cut into two pieces
Ginger garlic paste – 1 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Water – 1 1/2 cups
- Wash basmathi rice 3 to 4 times and then soak with enough water for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, drain off all the excess water.
- Heat ghee and oil in a pan .Add all the spices one by one except green chilles and ginger garlic paste.
- Fry for a minute , reduce the flame and add the green chilles and ginger garlic paste.
- Stir fry for two minutes till the raw smell goes away .
- Add water and salt mix well. Put the drained rice to the boiling water.
- Cook on a slow flame till the rice is done.
This rice goes very well with any veg or non-veg gravies.