Dosa batter – 1 cup
Oil – as needed
Butter – as needed
Idli powder – as needed (for recipe check out my previous post)
- Heat a iron tava or a non stick pan. Spread some oil and wipe that off with a piece of wet cloth.
- Take one ladle full of batter and pour it on the centre of the pan. Spread immediately into thin round circle.
- Switch the flame to high and once it is slightly cooked, add one big cube of butter and 1 1/2 tsp of podi.
- Using a butter knife or a spoon, spread the podi really well.
- Smear oil when the dosa starts to turn a bit brown.
- Fold it one side and take out from the pan.
- No need to flip this dosa and cook the other side.
You could serve with chutney or sambar of your choice.
Instead of idli podi you can use nalla karam podi, Gun powder aka kandipappu podi or any other podi of your choice.