EGG KEEMA FRY
Eggs – 5
Onion paste – 1/2 cup
Red chilli powder – 2 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Pulav masala – 1 1/4 tsp (check out my previous post)
Salt to taste
Oil – 5 tbsp
Crushed garlic – 4 pods
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Broken red chilles pieces – 4
Curry leaves – 1 spring
Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- Crack eggs into a mixing bowl. Beat with a fork for 1 to 2 minutes lightly.
- Heat oil in a pan. Once the pan is hot, add crushed garlic and fry for 10 seconds. Add all the remaining tempering ingredients one by one expect Coriander leaves.
- Fry for a minute. Add onion paste, salt and turmeric. Fry on low flame.
- Once the onion paste starts to turn light brown, add red chilli powder and pulav masala powder. Mix well.
- Fry for a minute. Turn the flame down to low, add the whisked eggs to the onion masala. Mix well.
- Increase flame to high. Stir the egg mixture vigorously to make it into small pieces .
- Then fry on medium flame till the raw smell fades away. Check out the seasonings. Lastly add finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
Goes well with rice, roti and bread.