CHICKEN MANCHURIAN DRY
Bone less chicken cubes – 500 gms ( 1/2 kg ) small size
Corn flour – 1/4 cup
Maida – 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Black pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
Soya sauce – 1 tsp
Egg white – 1(optional)
Water as required to prepare smooth batter.
Oil for deep frying.
FOR THE SAUCE
Oil – 3 tbsp
Medium size onion finely chopped- 2
Finely chopped garlic – 2 tbsp
Finely chopped ginger – 1 1/2 tbsp
Finely chopped green chillies-2
Onion- 1 (diced )
Tomato ketchup- 1/4 cup
Red chilli sauce- 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Vinegar – 3 tbsp
Soya sauce – 2 tsp
Spring onion finely chopped- optional
- In a large bowl mix together maida,corn flour,salt , red chilli powder,black pepper , egg white and soy sauce. Give a good mix.
- Now add little water and mix well. Make a smooth batter. The batter should be of dropping consistency.
- Dip each chicken piece into the batter. Coat them well and deep fry.
- Flip over and fry till they turn light golden brown and crispy.
- Drain the fried chicken on a kitchen paper towel to remove execess oil.
- In a large kadai, add 3 tbsp of oil. Add chopped onion and saute for a minute.
- Now add chopped ginger and garlic. Saute for a minute, add green chilles, capsicum and diced onion.
- Fry for 1 to 2 minutes in high flame. Add tomato ketchup, red chilli sauce and salt to taste
- Add soya sauce and vinegar ,give a good stir and cook for minute.
- Now add the deep fried chicken and give a good stir and cook for a minute.
- Coat the chicken pieces well with sauce. Serve hot .
- Garnish with spring onion.
Serve hot. Adjust seasoning. You can also add yolk of the egg.