Mutton – 1 kg ( bone less medium size pieces)
Onion paste – 1 cup ( check out my previous post)
Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 4 tbsp
Clove powder – 1/4 tsp
Pulav masala – 1 1/2 tsp ( check out my previous post)
Oil – 3/4 cup
Oil- 4 tbsp
Crushed garlic – 10
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Broken red chilli pieces – 12
Curry leaves – hand full
Pulav masala -1/4 tsp ( check out my previous post )
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add onion paste fry on medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add turmeric and salt and fry for another3 minutes. Add ginger garlic paste and add red chilli powder mix well.
- Add washed mutton mix well. Cook on low flame for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add clove powder and pulav masala . Mix throughly . Fry for 8 to 10 minutes on medium flame add 1 1/2 cup of water and put the lid on.
- Cook on high flame for 2 to 3 wishles . Lower the heat cook on low flame for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Switch off the flame, let the pressure release naturally. Once the pressure is realesed open the lid.
- Check out whether mutton is cooked properly or not.
- For tempering , take a wide kadai heat oil . Add crushed garlic fry for 30 seconds .
- Add cumin seeds, red chilli pieces,and curry leaves mix well . Add pulav masala and cooked mutton to this .Immediately cover the kadai with lid for one minute.
- Remove the lid .Cook on low flame till oil starts to float on top. Adjust seasoning.
Garnish with coriander leaves.