Bengal gram flour ( senagapindi) -1 cup
Rice flour ( varipindi) – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder- 1/3 tsp
Carom seeds ( vaamu) – 1/4 tsp optional
Water – 1/3 cup
Curry leaves- 2 springs
Oil for deep frying
- Take a large bowl,add Bengal gram flour,rice flour,red chilli powder,carom seeds ,salt and mix well.
- Add water and make a non-sticky dough. Heat oil in a frying pan. Oil should be moderately hot.
- Grease the mould with oil .Fill the dough in the mould .
- Now hold the sev maker over the frying pan. Press the handle, as the dough starts to fall slowly move the sev maker in circular motion to make a circle .
- Fry both the sides. Make sure it turns to light golden brown, in colour .
- Remove it using slotted spoon and place it over paper napkin to remove excess oil .continue the same process for remaining dough.
- In the same oil, deep fry curry leaves until crisp. Keep it aside.Let the sev cool completely .
- Break sev and curry leaves lightly with your hands . Mix well . The sev is ready to serve.
Adjust Red chilli powder.