Bone less chicken – 1/2 kg cut into cubes
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Finely chopped green chilli – 2
Ghee or oil
Cloves – 6
Cinnamon- 1/2 inch piece
Onion paste- 1/ 4 cup ( 3 tbsp)
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Chopped coriander to garnish
Cardamon powder- 1/2 tsp( only seeds)(optional)
Grated coconut – 1 tsp
Cashew nuts – 15
Poppy seed – 2 tbsp
- Wash the boneless chicken cubes. Marinate with ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Mix well keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with oil or ghee. Add cloves, cinnamon and Cardamom. Fry for one to 2 minutes.
- Add onion paste fry on low flame till raw smell goes.
- Add marinated chicken to the onion paste. Fry on high flame for about 5to 6 minutes .
- Add turmeric powder,salt and chilli powder. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on medium flame.
- Add grinded masala paste add 1/2 cup of water . Cover and cook till chicken becomes tender.
- Lastly add chopped coriander leaves and Cardamom powder. Mix well .
- Goes well with biryani rice and roti’s.