Fenugreek seeds – 1 1/2 tbsp (soaked for 4 hours and drained)
Finely chopped onions – 2 cups
Green chillies – 4
Salt to taste
Tamarind paste – 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Water – 1 cup
Garlic – 4
Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/3 tsp
Oil – 3 tbsp
Crushed garlic – 3 pods
Broken red chilli – 4
Curry leaves – 2 springs
- Grind garlic, coriander seeds and cumin seeds into a fine paste. Heat oil in a pan add all talimpu ingredients one by one. Fry for a minute.
- Add soaked fenugreek seeds and fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Add finely chopped onions and green chillies. Mix well.
- Add turmeric powder and salt. Cover and cook on low flame till the onions become soft. Add red chilli powder and tamarind paste. Mix well.
- Grind all the masala paste ingredients together.
- Add one cup of water. Bring to a boil and then add the grinded masala paste. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on medium flame for 8-10 minutes.
You can also add jaggery while adding the tamarind paste.