Fish – 8 pieces
Ginger and garlic paste – 1 1/2 tbsp
Besan flour – 2tbsp
Red chilli powder – 4 tbsp
Lemon juice – 1 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Pulav masala – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp for mixing
Oil – for frying
Lemon wedges – 3 to 4
- Wash the fish pieces well under running water. Apply some salt and turmeric to the fish pieces and rest it for a few minutes.
- Wash the fish again and add lemon juice if there is any unwanted smell.
- In a bowl, add ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, red chilli powder, coriander powder, besan powder, pulav masala and salt as per taste .
- Mix all the spices well using 1 tbsp of oil.
- Coat the fish with the masala paste. Marinate for one hour.
- Take a pan. Add 3 to 4 tbsp of oil and heat it. Place the fish pieces carefully on the pan and cook them for 5 to 6 minutes on one side.
- Flip the fish pieces and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Once the fish is well cooked, place them on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- Similarly, fry the rest of the pieces. Sprinkle lemon juice while serving the fish.
Serve with onion rings.
- Make sure to fry both the sides well until fish turns golden red and crisp.