Rice rawa – 1 cup
Potato – 1 [cut into cubes]
Carrot – 1 [cut into cubes]
Green chilles – 5 cut in two pieces,
Garlic cloves – 15 (skinned)
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Broken red chilles – 10
Onions – 2 cut into cubes
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Ghee – 2
Oil – 2
Pulav masala – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Water – 2 cups
- Heat oil and ghee in a kadai. Add garlic cloves and fry for 2 minutes on medium flame. Add cubed potatoes and carrots. Cover and cook for 3minutes.
- Add cumin seeds, red chillies, onions, green chilles and curry leaves. Cover and cook till onions and potatoes are cooked well.
- Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well. Fry till the raw smell fades away.
- Add rice rawa. Mix well. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes and then add the pulav masala. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour water. Cover and cook on low flame till the water dries up.
- If rawa is not cooked properly, sprinkle some water and cover. Let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
You can use vegetables of your choice.