SESAME SEEDS LADDU
Sesame seeds – 1 cup
Jaggery – 1 1/2 cups [dark brown and soft]
- Before you begin, take sesame seeds in a plate. Remove stones if found.
- Grate jaggery and keep it aside.
- Dry roast sesame seeds in a heavy bottomed pan till the rawness disappears and a nutty aroma emanates the kitchen.
- Roast on low flame. Remove onto a wide plate and allow it to cool.
- Blend the sesame seeds for 5 to 6 seconds. You have to make a coarse powder of the sesame seeds.
- Add the grated jaggery and blend till combined. Make small balls with this mixture. Store in an air tight box.
If the mixture has crumbled, mix 1 tbsp of milk to make laddus.