BABY POTATO FRY
Baby potatoes – 20
Curry powder – 4 tbsp [check out my previous post]
Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
Onion- 1 finely sliced
Green chilles – 4 (slit in half)
Finely chopped coriander – 1 tbsp
Oil – 3 1/2 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Garlic – 4 crushed
Broken red chillies – 6
Curry leaves – few
- Rinse baby potatoes well to get rid of the dirt. Pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles. Peel of the skin and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a wide pan, add all the talimpu ingredients one by one and fry for 30 seconds .
- Now add sliced onion, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well. Cook on medium flame.
- Saute till the onions turn transulent. Add the peeled potatoes and stir them well.
- Now add curry powder and red chilli powder. Mix well so that they coat the potatoes evenly.
- Check out the seasoning and stir again. Saute the baby potatoes for 4 to 5 minutes on low flame.
- Then add chopped coriander leaves. Stir and swicth off the flame.
The number of whistles in cooker depends on the size of small potatoes and also your cooker. Adjust accordingly.
You can use sambhar powder instead of curry powder.