Fresh grated coconut – 1/2 cup
Green chilles – 6 [finely chopped]
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
Curd [ yogurt ] – 1/3 cup
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Urad dal [minapa pappu] – 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Crushed garlic pods – 3
Broken red chillies – 4
Curry leaves – few
- Take a small grinder jar. Put grated coconut, green chillies, coriander leaves, salt and curd.
- Grind to a coarse paste. Check out the seasoning. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a small pan, add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds begin to splutter, add garlic, urad dal and cumin seeds.
- Fry till the urad dal becomes golden brown. Then add red chillies and curry leaves.
- Fry till the curry leaves become crisp. Swicth off the flame and immediately pour the talimpu on the coconut chutney.
- Goes well with idli and dosa.