Rice Flour – 1 cup
Bombay rava – 1/2 cup
Maida – 1/2 cup
Curd – 1/4 cup
Finely chopped onions – 1 (medium)
Finely chopped green chillies – 2
Finely chopped ginger – 1tsp
Water – 4 cups
Salt to taste
Oil+Ghee for frying
- In a mixing bowl, add rice flour, bombay rawa, maida and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients with a cup of water and curd. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Add chopped onions, ginger and green chillies.
- Add water to adjust the consistency of the batter. The consistency of the batter should be thin(watery).
- Keep it aside for 30 minutes. Pour the batter on the tawa from the edges towards the center.
- Sprinkle 1/2 or 1 tsp of oil. Cook on medium flame. Let the base turn crispy and golden brown in colour. No need to roast on the other side.
- The dosa has to be served immediately.
You can add cumin seeds and curry leaves. Make sure to stir the batter before pouring the dosa on the tawa.