Ragi flour – 1cup
Rice flour – 1cup
Bombay rava – 1cup
Curd – 1/3 cup
Water- 4 cups
Finely chopped onions – 1 medium size
Finely chopped green chillies- 3
Finely chopped ginger – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl, add ragi flour, rice flour, bombay rava and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients with a cup of water and curd. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Add chopped onions, ginger and green chillies.
- Add water to adjust the consistency of the batter. The consistency of the batter should be thin (watery)
- Keep it aside for 30 minutes. Pour the batter on the tava from the edges towards the center
- Sprinkle 1/2 or 1 tsp of oil. Cook on medium flame. Let the base turn crispy and golden brown in colour.
- No need to roast on the other side. The dosa has to be served immediately.
You can add grated carrot to the batter. Make sure to stir the batter before pouring the dosa on the tava.