Basmathi rice – 1 1/2 cup
Water – 3 cups
Oil – 2 to 3 drops
Salt as required for cooking rice
FOR PREPARING RICE
Oil – 1 1/2 tbsp
Ghee – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 1/2 tsp
Tomato puree – 1/2 cup
Finely chopped tomato – 1 large size
Frozen peas – 1/4 cup boiled for 3 minutes
Finely chopped capsicum – 1/4 cup
Red chilli paste – 2 1/2 tsp
Pav baji masala – 2 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Lemon juice – 2 tsp
Finely chopped coriander – 2 to 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Wash and soak rice for 30 minutes. Cook with 3 cups of water, oil and salt.
- Dont cook the rice too much. It will spoil the texture of the pulao. Transfer the rice to a wide plate, cool it completely.
- Heat ghee/oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and saute till they begin to crackle. Add onions, fry them until they turn translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and salt, fry till a nice aroma emanates your kitchen.
- Next, add tomato puree. Mix and cook on high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or till the mixture thickens.
- Add chopped tomatoes, mix and cook for 2 minutes. Add capsicum and green peas, mix and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add red chilli paste and pav baji masala, stir and cook on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add rice and mix gently. Add lemon juice and finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Serve hot with yogurt. Adjust seasonings according to your taste.