Grated raw mango – 3 tbsp
Grated ginger – 1tbsp
Sugar or jaggarey – 3 tbsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Urad dal – 1/3 tsp
Garlic – 3 pods (crushed )
Broken red chillies – 3
Curry leaves – few
- Put all the ingredients into a grinder jar and grind it to a fine paste. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds starts spluttering, add cumin seeds and fry for a second .
- Add all the remaining ingredients one by one and fry till they become light golden brown.
- Transfer the grinded mixture into the talimpu pan, mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Adjust your spiceness according to your taste. Goes well with idly and pesarattu.
You can use tamarind paste instead of grated mango.