Oil – 1/2 tsp
Green chillies – 5 cut into two pieces
Coriander seeds – 1/2 tsp
Chana dal – 1 1/2 tsp
Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Roasted chana dal – 1 1/2 tsp
Fresh grated coconut – 2 to 3 tbsp
Curd – 4 to 5 tbsp for grinding
Coriander leaves – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/3 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/3 tsp
Broken red chillies – 3 pieces
Curry leaves – few
- Heat oil in a pan. Add green chillies and fry for a minute. Add coriander seeds, chana dal, urad dal and cumin seeds.
- Fry on low flame till they become light golden in colour. Lastly add crushed garlic, roasted chana dal and curry leaves. Mix well and swicth off the flame.
- Put all the fried ingredients in a grinder jar. Add salt and grind it to a coarse powder.
- Then add freshly grated coconut and curd and grind it to a paste. Lastly add coriander leaves and grind for one more time.
- Empty it into a bowl.
- For talimpu, heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When they start to splutter, add red chillies and curry leaves. When curry leaves turn crisp, switch off the flame and pour it on the already grinded chutney. Mix well.
You can adjust coconut and curd according to your taste.