Rice – 1/2 cup
Water – 2 1/2 cups
Curd – 2 cups
Green chillies – 3 cut into 1/2 inch pieces
Finely chopped ginger – 1 tsp crushed
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 1/2 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Broken red chillies – 6 pieces
Curry leaves few
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1tbsp
- Wash rice and cook with 2 1/2 cups of water . Lightly mash it with a potato masher. Bring rice to room temperature.
- Mix cooked rice with curd and salt. Add finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix throughly and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. Let them crackle for a few seconds and then add cumin seeds. Let it fry for 5 seconds.
- Add crushed ginger and green chillies. Fry for 10 seconds. Add turmeric powder, broken red chillies and curry leaves.
- Fry till curry leaves turns crisp. Turn off the flame. Add the talimpu ingredients to the prepared curd rice mixture and mix well.