Dosa batter – 1 cup
Finely chopped onions – 1 1/2 tbsp
Freshly grated coconut – 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder – 1/3 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Baking soda – a pinch
Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
- Take a bowl, add dosa batter and add all the remaning ingredients except oil. Mix throughly.
- Heat ponganalu pan and add 3 to 4 drops of oil in each mould of the pan.
- Once the ponganalu pan is hot, pour the batter into each mould to 2/3 and cover with lid.
- Add some more oil on the top and close the lid and cook on low-medium heat.
- When the base turns golden, flip them and cook them until done. Serve with chutney of your choice.
Cook on low medium heat, if not you will end up having raw batter in the middle .
You can add finely chopped vegetables like carrot, capsicum, cabbage and tomatoes.