Basmathi rice – 1 cup
Cloves – 3
Cardamom – 3
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Star anise – 1
Garlic cloves – 8
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Finely chopped methi leaves – 1/2 cup
Finely chopped mint leaves – 1/4 cup
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp
Ghee – 1 1/2 tbsp
Water – 2 1/2 cups
- Wash basmati rice and soak in water for 20 minutes. Drain and keep it aside.
- Wash all the finely chopped leafy vegetables and keep it aside.
- Heat oil and 1 tbsp of ghee in a pan. Add garlic cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and star anise.
- Fry for 1 to 2 minutes, add ginger garlic paste. Fry till the raw smell fades away.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of water and salt. Let it boil. Add finely chopped methi leaves, mint leaves and coriander leaves. Mix well and let it boil again.
- Add drained basmati rice. Mix well. Cook on medium flame. Make sure the rice is fully cooked. Once cooked, keep it covered for 5-6 minutes.
- Lastly, add the remaining ghee. Mix throughly and serve hot with any type of gravy curries.
Adjust the water quantity according to your wish.