FOR RICE FLOUR DOUGH
Rice flour – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 1/2 cup
Grated jaggery – 1/4 cup
TO MAKE PALALLO UNDRALLU
Milk – 2 1/2 cups
Water – 1/2 cup for diluting dough
Grated jaggery – 3/4 cup to 1 cup
- In a pan, put 1 1/2 cups of water bring it to a boil. Add grated jaggery and 1/3 tsp of ghee.
- Let the jaggery melt into water. Add rice flour and keep stirring until it forms a smooth dough.
- Swicth off the flame. Keep it covered for 5 minutes. Let it cool. Open the lid and knead the dough until it forms a smooth dough.
- Take half a portion of dough. Make very small balls with the dough by greasing your hands with some ghee.
- Keep them aside. Dilute remaning dough with 1/2 cup of water and keep it aside.
- Take 2 1/2 cups of milk in another pan and bring it to boil. When the milk starts to boil, add the prepared rice balls slowly.
- Give it a stir carefully with out crushing the undrallu. Let them cook with milk on low flame for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes you will notice that the balls are soft and floating on top. Add the diluted flour mix. Mix well.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes and switch off the flame. Wait for a minute and add grated jaggery.
- Gently mix it well until the jaggery is well combined. Transfer this into a bowl, offer this as naivedyam or prasadam to Lord Ganesha on Ganesh Chaturthi .