Wheat flour – 2 cups
Methi leaves – 1 cup tightly packed fresh methi leaves
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Curd – 2 tbsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Finely chopped Garlic cloves – 6-7
Finely chopped green chillies -2
Salt to taste
Oil or ghee as required for frying
- Rinse the methi leaves well. Drain them completely. Chop the methi leaves finely and keep it aside.
- Mash green chillies and garlic to a fine paste in a motor pestle. Take a bowl, add methi leaves and green chilli and garlic paste along with rest of the ingredients.
- Give it to a good mix. Add water little by little and keep kneading to make the dough soft.
- Cover with a damp cloth and rest it for half an hour.
- Make medium size balls of the dough. Dust the dough ball with some flour and then start rolling the paratha.
- Heat a tawa and place the roti on it .
- Wait for few seconds, you will notice few tiny bubbles on the surface. Flip the paratha.
- Cook the other side for a few seconds. Then apply oil and flip it again.
- Cook it by pressing it very gently using spatula. Cook until it turns brown.
- Serve methi paratha hot with pickle and curd.