Rice rawa – 1/2 cup
Moong dal – 1tbsp (pesara pappu)
Cumin seeds – 1/3 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/3 tsp
Finely sliced onion – 1 small size
Green chillies – 3 to 4 slitted
Finely chopped ginger – 1 tbsp
Curry leaves – few
Oil – 2 1/2 tbsp
Water – 1 cup
An easy, delicious and authentic traditional south indian breakfast recipe.
- Heat oil in a pan, add moong dal and fry for 1 minute. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and stir them for a few seconds.
- Add finely chopped ginger, green chillies, sliced onions and curry leaves.
- Cook on a medium flame until the onions become transparent. Add rice rava and salt. Mix well.
- Pour water and mix well. Check out the salt and bring it to a boil. Now reduce heat, cook on low flame until rava is cooked well.
- If you think the rice rava needs to be cooked some more, add 1 to 2 tbsp of water. Cover and cook on low flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once this water is absorbed and the rava is cooked, turn off the flame. Keep covered for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve hot.
- Adding a tea spoon of ghee while boiling water enhances the flavour but it is optional.
You can add carrots and peasants well