This curry can be made during kartika masam as it has no onions and garlic.
Aritikaya- 2 ( raw bananas )
Green chillies – 2
Turmeric powder – 1/3 tsp
Milk – 2 cups
Salt to taste
Oil – 3 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Broken red chillies – 6
Curry leaves – few
- Trim the ends of the raw banana and peel the skin. Cut into cubes and add to a bowl filled with water. If you don’t immerse the pieces immediately in water , it will start to blacken soon.
- Heat oil in a wide pan over medium heat. Add cumin seeds, red chillies and curry leaves. Fry for few seconds .
- Add green chillies, aritikaya pieces, salt and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Close the lid and cook on low flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Open the lid, mix throughly and close the lid. Let it cook for another 3 to 4 minutes on low flame till the aritikaya pieces are well cooked and soft
- Stir to ensure they don’t burn or stick to the pan.
- Add milk. Mix well. Cook on high flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Switch off the flame, curry should be semi liquid.