Raw firm sour mangoes – 5
Red chilli powder – 1/2 cup
Mustard powder – 1 tbsp
Fenugreek powder – 2tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
Garlic – 8 with out skin
Garlic – 8 mashed with skin
Salt -3 tbsp
Oil – 1 1/2 cup
The taste and texture of this pickle when mixed with hot rice, mudda pappu and ghee is just wonderful. Buy medium sized mangoes which are deep green and firm.
- Wash and wipe the mangoes with a soft dry cotton cloth.
- Peel the mangoes and cut into thin long 2 inch strips. Remove the seeds .In this pickle you can use inner shell called tenka in telugu along with mango pieces .
- Spread the mango pieces on a clean plastic sheet and dry it in sun for one complete day.
- In the evening, take a wide bowl and add oil, sun dried mango pieces and mix well .
- Then add mashed garlic and peeled garlic cloves. Mix well.
- Then one by one add all the dry ingredients. Mix well and store in a clean jar.
- Keep it aside in a dry place for 3 days. After 3 days if you see the oil floating on the pickle up to 1/2 inch then, it is perfect. If not, add 2 to 3 tbsp of oil.
- Mix well. Check out the seasonings. This pickle needs 2 to 3 days to get marinated and ready to use.
- This stays good for over an year. Serve it with hot rice, ghee and dal.