Chilagada dumpalu- 4 medium size
Drum sticks – 8 pieces
Finely chopped onions – 3 cups
Green chillies – 3 slited
Tamarind paste- 2 tbsp
Grated jaggery – 1/3 cup
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
Red chilli powder- 2 tbsp
Water -2 1/2 cups
Oil- 1/4 cup
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1/8 tsp
Garlic – 4 cloves mashed
Broken red chillies – 5 pieces
Curry leaves – few
- Wash and peel chilagada dumpalu. Cut dumpalu into big circles and add it into a bowl filled with water.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add mustard seeds, let them splutter. Then add all talimpu ingredients one by one. Fry for 30 seconds. Add finely chopped onions and green chillies.
- Mix well and add salt and turmeric powder. Cover and cook on low flame till onions turns into light pink colour.
- Add chilakada dumpalu. Mix and cover and cook on low flame for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder. Mix throughly. Add jaggery and tamarind paste.
- Cover and cook on low flame till jaggery melts. Add drum stick pieces and water .
- Bring it to a boil. At this stage check out salt, sweet and sourness. Close lid and pressure cook on high flame till the first whistle.
- Cook on low flame for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame. Allow the pressure to release on its own and then open the cooker. Mix well and serve with mudda pappu and rice.