PANDUMIRAPA MAMIDIKAYA PACHADI
Pandumirapa paste- 2 cups [for recipe, check out my previous posts]
Raw mango pieces – 1 cup peeled and cut into cubes
Oil – 1 cup
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
Garlic – 10 cloves mashed
Broken red chillies – 1/3 cup
Curry leaves – 1/3 cup loosely packed
Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
- In a bowl, mix peeled mango pieces and pandumirapa paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Let them splutter. Add cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Mix throughly. Add mashed garlic, broken red chilli pieces, curry leaves and asafoetida powder and fry for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Lastly, add finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix well and switch off the flame.
- Pour it over pandumirapakaya paste and mix well . Check out seasonings.
- Goes well with rice, idly and dosa.