Kakarakaya 1/2 kg
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder- 1 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 3 to 4 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Broken red chilli pieces – 6
Mashed garlic cloves – 4
Curry leaves – few
- Peel the bitter gourds. Nip the ends.
- Cut into thin round slices and remove the seeds and pith.
- Heat oil in a wide pan and add all the talimpu ingredients one by one and let them fry for 30 seconds.
- Add bitter gourd pieces, turmeric and salt. Mix well.
- Cook on medium flame until bitter gourd pieces are roasted well.
- Keep stirring in between to prevent browning.
- Lastly add red chilli powder and fry for one more minute.
- To make the bitter gourd pieces crisp while cooking, use a bit more oil.
- Serve with rice and ghee.