Basmathi rice- 1 cup washed and soaked for 1 hour
Finely chopped totakura- 1 1/2 cups
Soya granules- 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste – 1tbsp
Pulav masala – 1/2 tsp
Ghee – 1tbsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Onions – 2 finely chopped
Green chillies – 2 slited
Water – 1 1/2 cups
Salt to taste
- Washed and soak basmathi rice for 1 hour.
- Boil soya granules in water for 5 to 8 minutes. Strain and wash in cold water.
- Squeeze off the excess water and set aside. Wash totakura well and strain it. Boil totakura in water for 5 to 6 minutes on high flame.
- Strain and squeeze off the excess water and set aside. Add oil and ghee in a kadai. Add finely chopped onions and green chillies.
- Add salt and cook on low flame till onions turns light pink. Then, add ginger and garlic paste and fry for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add soya granules and mix well. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Then add squeezed totakura and mix well.
- Cook on medium flame for 4 minutes. Add salt and pulav masala. Mix well.
- Add water and bring it to boil. Add strained basmathi rice. Check out seasonings.
- Cook on low flame till the rice is done. Goes well with raita and any masala curries.