CARROT PALAK RICE
Rice – 1 cup
Chopped palak – 1 cup
Grated carrot- 1/2 cup
Onions – 1 sliced
Garlic cloves – 5 finely chopped
Black pepper corns – 3 to 4
Cloves – 3 to 4
Cinnamon – 1 inch
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Ghee – 1 1/2 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Cook rice with 2 1/2 cups of water and cool it. Keep it aside.
- Wash finely chopped palak and boil it . Strain and squeeze water. Keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a kadai and add cumin seeds. When cumin seeds start to crackle, add black pepper corns, cloves and cinnamon.
- Fry for few seconds. Add finely chopped garlic and sliced onions. Saute it for 2 minutes.
- Add the grated carrot, salt and strained palak. Fry till the raw smell goes away.
- Add cooled rice and mix well. Check out the seasonings. Cook on low flame till the rice absorbs the masala.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves. If u want it to be more spicy, add green chillies.