Raw rice – 1 cup
Curry leaves – 1/2 cup
Freshly grated coconut – 1/2 cup
Peanuts – 2 tbsp roasted and skinned
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Garlic clove – 1 optional
Green chillies – 4
Lemon juice – 1 1/2 tsp
Ghee – 1bsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
Urad dal -1 1/2 tsp
Cashew nuts – 8 cut into pieces
- Cook rice with 2 1/2 cups of water. Cool it and keep it aside.
- Grind grated coconut, curry leaves, green chillies, cumin seeds and ground nuts to a fine paste.
- Heat oil and ghee in a kadai. Add mustard seeds. Let them crackle. Add urad dal and cashew nuts.
- Fry for a minute. Add karivepaku paste and fry till water evaporates.
- Add salt and mix well. Then add cooked and cooled rice. Mix well.
- Cook on low flame till the mixture coats well. Lastly, add lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve with ullipaya perugu pachadi. Adjust seasonings.