Atukulu – 1 cup
Pea nuts – 1/4 cup
Cashew nuts – 1/4 cup
Red chilli powder – 1tbsp
Curry leaves – 2 springs
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- Heat some oil in a deep kadai.
- When the oil is hot enough, add atukulu in small batches .
- As and when they are puffed, remove the atukulu using a slotted spoon and transfer them to a colander.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 depending on your required quantity.
- Add salt and red chilli powder to the fried atukulu and mix well.
- Fry some cashew nuts, peanuts and curry leaves separately in the same oil.
- Add the fried cashew nuts, peanuts and curry leaves to the atukulu.
- Mix everything until it is well coated with the spices.
- Store the mixture in a glass jar or air tight container.
- The mixture stays good for about 10 to 15 days.