Peanuts – 1/2 cup
Oil – 2 tsp
Medium size onion – 1 chopped into cubes
Garlic – 3 cloves
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Dry red chillies – 4 to 6 according to your spice level
Tamarind – small lemon size
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Broken red chillies – 3 pieces
Curry leaves – few
- Heat 1 tsp of oil. Add peanuts and fry on medium flame till it becomes brown.
- Cool it and transfer it into a grinder jar. Heat another teaspoon of oil in the same pan. Add onions and garlic.
- Fry onions for 3 to 4 minutes then, add cumin seeds, tamarind and red chilli.
- Fry for another 2 to 3 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Transfer it to grinder jar and add salt. Grind it with 1/2 to 1 cup of water.
- For talimpu, heat 1tsp of oil. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter .
- Add broken red chillies and curry leaves. Fry for some time and pour it over the grinded chutney. Serve with dosa or idli.