Maida – 1 cup+ 3 tbsp
Boiled potatoes – 3 peeled and grated [ it should make 1 cup]
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
Medium sized onion -1 finely chopped
Oil – 1 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1tsp
Red chilli flakes – 1tsp
Salt to taste
Oil and ghee for frying rotis
- Heat 1 1/2 tsp oil in a pan.
- Now add onions and salt. Let it fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then add finely chopped coriander leaves and let it fry for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame and keep it aside.
- Take a bowl and add the following :- grated potato, coriander powder, chilli flakes, previously made onion fry and maida.
- Knead the dough properly and don’t add water at all.
- Make medium size balls of the dough, dust the balls with some flour and start rolling the roti.
- Heat a tawa and place the roti on it. Wait for few seconds and flip the roti as soon as you notice few tiny bubbles on the surface of the roti.
- Heat the other side of the roti for a few seconds then apply oil and flip it again.
- Cook it by pressing it very gently using spatula. Cook until it turns golden brown by applying some ghee and oil on both sides.
- Serve hot with any curries.