Finely cut dondakayalu- 1/2 cup
Red chilli powder – 2 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Oil – 1/4 cup [ 2 to 3 tbsp]
Lemon juice – 6 tsp
Mashed garlic – 6 cloves
This recipe was passed onto me by my grandmother.
- Wash dondakayalu and pat dry them. Trim the edges and cut into small bite size pieces.
- Take a bowl. Add dondakaya pieces and all the remaning ingredients. Mix well and adjust seasoning .
- Store in refrigerator. The shelf life of this pickle is one week.
- Goes well with idly and rice.
- Make sure the dondakayalu are firm.