Nookalu – 1 cup
Water -6 cups
Milk – 5 cups
Freshly grated coconut – 1cup
Salt to tast
- Wash nookalu 2 to 3 times. Cook nookalu with 6 cups of water on medium flame.
- Once water is absorbed, add 5 cups of milk. Cook on medium flame till the nookalu become mushy.
- Stir once every few minutes. The consistency of nookalu annam should be like thick dosa batter.
- Lastly, add freshly grated coconut and cook for 5 more minutes. Add salt and mix well.
- If the nookalu annam is thick, add some more water.
- Serve hot with butter and avakaya.