Finely chopped tomatoes – 3 cups
Finely chopped onions – 1 3/4 cups
Green chillies – 4 slited
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder- 1/2 tsp
Milk – 1/8 cup
Salt – to taste
Oi l-1/4 cup
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece mashed
Garlic – 4 cloves mashed
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Broken red chillies – 4 pieces
Curry leaves – few
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and fry for few seconds. Then, add mashed ginger and garlic.
- Fry for a few seconds. Then, add broken red chillies and curry leaves. Fry for few seconds and add finely chopped onions.
- Add salt and turmeric powder. Cover and cook on low flame till the onions turn light brown in colour. Mix in intervals.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Cook on high flame for 3 minutes. Mix well and cook on medium to low flame till water gets absorbed. Add red chilli powder and mix well.
- Lastly , add milk. Cook on high flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Simmer till you see oil floating on the top off the curry.
- Switch off the flame. Serve with rice. You can also add drumstick pieces when adding tomatoes.