Cauliflower floretts – 2 cups
Onions – 1 cut into cubes
Green chillies – 3 slited
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Butter – 1tbsp
Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Finely chopped ginger – 1 1/2tsp
Water 1 1/2 cup
Oil – 1tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Mashed garlic – 4 cloves
Dry red chilli pieces – 4
Curry leaves – few
Pulav masala – 1/2 tsp [ check out my previous posts ]
This recipe was passed onto me by my sister.
- Take a kadai, add cauliflower floretts , onions, green chillies, turmeric powder, finely chopped ginger, red chilli powder, butter, salt and water.
- Cover and cook on low flame till the water evaporates and the cauliflower is cooked.
- Switch off the flame and keep it aside. Heat oil in another pan, add cumin seeds and let them splutter. Add all the remaning ingredients one by one.
- Fry for few seconds and add 1/2 tsp of pulav masala. Then add cooked cauliflower , mix well.
- Cook on low flame till the cauliflower is well fried and turns into lightly brown in colour. Switch off the flame.
- Check out seasonings. Goes well with rice.