Dosakaya pieces – 1 cup bite size pieces
Idly karam podi – 2 tbsp [check out my previous posts]
Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Lemon juice – 1 1/2 tbsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Mashed garlic – 4 cloves
Dry red chilli pieces – 4
Curry leaves – few
- Wash dosakaya well and wipe off with a clean cloth. Allow to dry completely.
- Peel the skin and deseed the dosakaya . Clean it and cut into bite size pieces.
- Take a bowl add dosakaya pieces, idly powder, red chilli powder, lemon juice and salt. Mix well and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add all the remaning ingredients one by one and fry for few seconds and pour it over dosakaya mukkalu.
- Mix well. Adjust lemon juice and salt. Goes well with idly and dosa.