Gummadi kaya pieces – 20 big chunks
Drum sticks – 20 pieces
Jaggery – 1 cup [adjust according to your taste]
Red chilli powder – 3 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Tamarind juice – 3/4 cup
Green chillies – 2 slit
Water – 12 to 13 cups
Salt to taste
Rice flour – 4tbsp
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Oil – 3 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2tsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
Dry red chilli pieces – 15
Mashed garlic cloves – 15 to 20
Curry leaves – generous amount
- Take a large kadai, add all the ingredients expect rice flour and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Cook on high flame till the gummadi kaya pieces are cooked. At this time, check out seasonings.
- In a small bowl, mix rice flour with 1/2 cup of water and pour it over the boiling pulusu.
- Mix well and add coriander leaves and let it boil for 2 minutes.
- For talimpu, heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter and add all the remaning ingredients one by one .
- Fry for few seconds and pour it over the pulusu and keep covered for 30 seconds.
- Open the lid and boil for 3 to 4 minutes and switch of the flame. Serve with rice and mudda pappu.
If you want cook faster you can put all the ingredients expect rice flour and coriander leaves in a pressurse cooker.
Pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles on high flame. Remaning procedure is same.
In karthika masam you can avoid garlic for puja purpose.