Basmathi rice – 1 cup washed and soaked for 30 minutes
Pudina leaves – 1 1/2 cup
Oil -1 tsp for frying pudina
Green chillies- 5
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Ghee – 1tbsp
Oil – 1tbsp
Sahjeera – 1/4 tsp
Bay leaf – 1
Ginger garlic paste – 1tbsp
Finely sliced onion – 1 big size
Water – 1 1/2 cups
- Heat oil in a pan and add green chillies. Fry for a few seconds and then add washed pudina leaves.
- Fry for 2 minutes and add ginger pieces. Cook for another 2 minutes on high flame and switch off the flame.
- Add 1 tsp lemon juice and grind it to a fine paste.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan. Add sahjeera and bay leaves. Fry for few seconds. Add finely chopped onions.
- Fry till the onions becomes light brown and then add ginger garlic paste.
- Fry on medium flame till the raw smell fades out. Then add grinded pudina paste.
- Fry on medium flame till the raw smell fades away. Add salt and water.
- Bring it to boil. Add strained rice and mix well. Keep covered and cook on low flame till the water evaporates. Goes well with chicken curry.