Potato pieces- 2 cups [ peeled and cut into chunks]
Onion paste – 1 cup [check out my previous posts]
Green chillies – 5 slit
Cinnamon powder – 1/2tsp
Clove powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder -1tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 2tsp
Milk – 1/2cup
Oil – 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Garlic – 4 mashed
Dry red chilli pieces- 5
Curry leaves – few
This recipe was handed over to me by my mother-in-law
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add peeled and washed potatoes. Fry on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Then add all the talimpu ingredients one by one. Fry for 2 minutes. Add onion paste.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and green chillies. Fry on low flame for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Mix in intervals. Add red chilli powder, cinnamon powder and clove powder and mix well.
- Fry for 5 minutes and add 1 1/2 cups of water. Pressure cook on high flame till 1 whistle.
- Reduce flame to low and cook for 3 minutes. Switch off the flame .
- Allow pressure to release. Open lid and add 1/2 cup of milk.
- Mix well and cook on high flame till the gravy becomes little thick.
- Check out the seasonings. serve with dosa and chapathi.
- When serving curry you can add raw onions on top of the curry.