Moong dal – 1/2 cup [washed]
Chukkakoora – 1 1/2cup [ Finely chopped and washed in salt water]
Onion medium size – 2 cut into 2 pieces
Green chillies – 2 slit
Water- 3 cups
Salt – to taste
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Ghee – 2 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1tsp
Urad dal – 1tsp
Cumin seeds -1tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Mashed garlic – 4
Dry red chillies – 4 pieces
Curry leaves – few
- In a pressure cooker, add moong dal, onions, green chillies, and chukkakoora with 2 cups of water.
- Pressure cook on high flame till the first whistle comes. Then reduce flame to low and cook for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and allow the pressure to release. Open the lid and mix well .
- Add salt, turmeric powder and 1 cup of water. Mix well and keep it aside.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add all the remaning ingredients one by one and fry for few seconds.
- Pour the cooked dal over talimpu and mix well.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes and switch off the flame.