Grated coconut- 1cup
Grated raw mango (sour mango) *- 3/4 cup to 1cup
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
Green chillies – 8 [ adjust to your spice level ]
Salt – 1 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Chana dal – 1/2 tsp
Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
Mashed garlic – 4 cloves
Dry red chilli pieces – 5 pieces
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves – few
- Peel mango and grate it. Squeeze the grated mango with hand to extract water and keep it aside. You can use this water in rasam.
- In a mortar and pestle, mash green chillies and coriander leaves to a coarse paste.
- Take a bowl. Add freshly grated coconut,salt, grated mango and the previously made green chilli coriander paste.
- Mix well and keep it aside. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add all the remaning ingredients one by one. Fry for few seconds and pour it over the coconut mix.
- Mix well and adjust seasonings.
- *If mango is too tangy, reduce grated mango.