Kandi pappu [ toor dal ] – cup
Oil – 1tbsp
Coriander seeds – 1/4 cup
Cumin seeds – 1tbs
Dry red chilli pieces- 1cup
Curry leaves- 1/2 cup
Salt – 1 1/2tbsp
Garlic 1/4 cup mashed
- Heat oil in a pan and add kandi pappu. Roast till the dal turns into brown colour and aromatic.
- Then, add coriander seeds, red chillies and curry leaves. Fry on low flame till the coriander seeds turn into light brown colour.
- Switch off the flame and add cumin seeds. Mix well and let them cool.
- Transfer the mixture to a grinder jar and add salt. Grind it to a powder.
- Lastly, add mashed garlic and grind it one more time till the garlic blends well.
- Store it in a glass jar. Serve with hot rice and a dollop of ghee.