Rice – 1 cup (sona masoori rice)
Ghee – 3 to 4 tbsp
Water – 2 1/2 cups
Salt to taste
Finely chopped mint leaves- 1 tbsp
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Grind it to a paste
Freshly grated coconut – 3/4 cup
Coriander seeds – 2 tbsp
Cloves – 18
Cardamon – 3
Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Wash and soak rice for 1 hour. Heat ghee in a kadai and add the grinded masala paste.
- Fry on low flame till the water in the masala paste evaporates .
- Then, add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell fades.
- Add finely chopped mint and coriander leaves.
- Add water and salt and bring it to a boil.
- Add the previously soaked rice without water and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low flame till the rice is cooked.
- Switch off the flame and keep it aside for 5 to 8 minutes and serve.
- Serve with chicken curry or any other masala curries.
- You can adjust water according to your type of rice used.
- Adjust salt according to your taste.